Health Care Law Firm
Health care transactional law firm with national practice representing owners and operators of nursing homes, assisted living facilities and other health care businesses, seeks a detail oriented, self-starter to become part of the regulatory compliance team. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, be resourceful, proactive and have the ability to manage multiple client projects within limited time frames. They should be well-organized, have problem solving skills and be comfortable working as part of a team, as well as independently.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with client, transactional counsel and other third parties to coordinate licensure with transaction goals.
- Assess and determine applicable licensure requirements for various facility and service types at the city, county, state and federal level.
- Assist clients with corporate restructure, sale of real property, change of management or other situations which would result in regulatory analysis, notice, or filing.
- Prepare and submit facility and ancillary CHOW applications to various regulators and see the licensing process through to issued licenses.
- Coordinate and assist in solving issues which may arise in the licensure process.
- Prepare and submit state Medicaid/managed care and Medicare applications.
- Document and track licensure requirements and regulatory information in proprietary database.
- Conduct research when necessary for various topics as it relates to the long term care industry.
- Form and maintain good working relationships with state and local regulators.
- Review/revise client operating materials, as necessary, such as resident agreements and policies and procedures according to state required regulations.