The Chief Compliance Officer will help lead and direct a team dedicated to developing, maintaining, and supporting the implementation of the Corporate Compliance program. The Chief Compliance Officer informs and advises the Executive Compliance Committee and the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board of Directors of compliance issues and progress in meeting compliance goals. The positions reports administratively to the President/Chief Executive Officer, and functionally to the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Bachelors in relevant area. Masters in relevant area or JD preferred. Certification in Healthcare Compliance a plus.
- 8+ years experience in compliance, auditing, health care management, and/or other relevant field.
- 5+ years of management/supervisory experience, preferably in a hospital setting.
- Experience with conducting complex compliance investigations, preferably in healthcare.
- Knowledge of healthcare compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Ability and willingness to demonstrate and maintain competency as required for job title and the unit/area(s) of assignment.
- Excellent communication skills to include oral and written comprehension and expression.
- Ability and willingness to exhibit behaviors consistent with standards for performance improvement and organizational values.
- Ability and willingness to exhibit behaviors consistent with principles for service excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Treat patients, fellow employees and all individuals with courtesy and respect, in keeping with the health system’s vision.
- Maintain and report upon compliance with the Corporate Integrity Agreeement to the Office of the Inspector General.
- Report on compliance activities to the Executive Compliance Committee and the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board, at least quarterly.
- Annually prepare a risk assessment and compliance audit plan for presentation to the Executive Compliance Committee and the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board.
- Assist with creation and implementation of corrective action plans when appropriate; and ensure reports of alleged noncompliance are investigated in conjunction with the General Counsel, as deemed necessary, to final resolution.
- Report on the results of compliance investigations and other Compliance Department activities to the Executive Compliance Committee and the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board.
- Monitor and report upon compliance education efforts to the Executive Compliance Committee and the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board.
- Assist with the development of educational plans, materials and resources to educate employees in the overall objectives of the compliance program and specific substantive areas of compliance
- Monitor the system for preventing any excluded individuals practicing or working at the health system.
- Supervise the employee compliance hot line and coordinate the investigation of any reported issues.
- 11. Serve as an internal authority on relevant laws and regulations, keeping abreast of current changes that may affect healthcare systems through personal initiative, seminars, training programs and peer contact.
- Direct compliance with Hipaa regulations, coordinate issuance of Business Associate Agreements, investigate data breaches and participate in mitigation strategies.
- Regularly interface with clinical and operational department leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Supervise the training, activities and evaluations of members of the Compliance Department.